COVID-19 VISITATION PROTOCOLS
In accordance with state and CDC guidelines and to ensure the health and safety of members, visitors and staff, Mohonk Preserve has instituted several important protocols for visitation, including:
- Please recreate close to home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wear face coverings upon entry.
- Visitors are required to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others.
- No congregating or large groups.
- Offering touchless transactions with credit or debit cards.
- The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Other trailheads will be open daily from 7 a.m. to sunset for members and from 9 a.m. to sunset for day-use visitors.
Fees: The Visitor Center and its immediate grounds are free to the public. To access the land you need to have a current membership or pay a day use fee. Children 12 and under are free and must be accompanied by an adult. The following day fees apply:
- $15 for hikers
- $20 for bikers, climbers, and horseback riders
Please note: Different fees may apply to schools and groups or for public programs and events.
- Prior approval and additional fees are required for professional photography and/or any events on the Preserve, including weddings of any size. Please contact Associate Director of Visitor Experience Jon Ross at email@example.com for details.
You can join online now or purchase day passes and memberships at the Visitor Center and other trailheads. The face value of your day pass can be applied toward the purchase of a membership. This offer is good for two weeks from the date on your day pass. (One day pass per person.)
Military Discount Policy
Mohonk Preserve is proud to recognize current active-duty military service members with a policy offering complimentary access to our lands on any day and to extend a 50% discount on Basic and Plus Memberships to the Preserve. Service members with current valid active-duty identification may obtain their passes or membership at the Preserve Visitor Center or any staffed trailhead.
We are also pleased to extend the same offer to disabled veterans with appropriate identification, along with a companion.
Banner photo by June Archer