Mohonk Preserve is grateful for the support of our business members and sponsors of our programs and events, as well as the generosity of other contributing businesses. While recognizing these businesses, the following links do not constitute an endorsement of products or services.
Click on each category below for a list of businesses.
Places to Stay
BEST WESTERN PLUS KINGSTON
Address: 503 Washington Ave., Kingston, NY 12401
Discount: 20% off overnight accommodations, ask for Mohonk Preserve discount when making reservation. Must present valid Mohonk Preserve ID at check in.
Description: Enjoy a totally new experience at this modern, spacious and comfortable full service hotel and conference center. The entire hotel has been beautifully transformed inside and out with a multi-million dollar renovation. Centrally located between Albany and New York City, this Kingston hotel is easily accessible from the NYS Thruway I-87 at Exit 19. At the BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingston Hotel and Conference Center you can enjoy hiking, biking, rock climbing, shopping and sightseeing in this historic Hudson River Valley region. Plenty of fun can be found at the hotel, too, in the Garden Courtyard, with an indoor heated salt water pool, a new fitness center and game room, and we are pet-friendly. Kingston has become a center for the arts with working artist studios, galleries, music and performance venues create a vibrant cultural mix, minutes from the hotel.
Address: 5 Gatehouse Rd., New Paltz, NY 12561
Discount: 10% off a 2 night minimum stay.
Description: Gatehouse Gardens is located on beautiful Gatehouse Road next to the Testimonial Gateway where you can start your hiking and enjoy the Mohonk Preserve. Gatehouse Gardens is a peaceful and private setting with lots of amenities including hot tub, heating swimming pool, BBQ grills, pond and beautiful gardens to enjoy. We can accommodate up to 6 guests and some of our rooms have cooking facilities. Lots of restaurant and shopping less than a mile from the Village of New Paltz. Rates start a $150.00 per night, two night minimum.
HONOR’S HAVEN RESORT & SPA
Address: 1195 Arrowhead Rd., Ellenville, NY 12428
Discount: 20% discount on a Well-Being Stay or a 15% discount on any Wellness Getaway. Use Promo code: Mohonk21
Description: Restore your spirits and rekindle your energies in a stunning natural setting with relaxing and refreshing Well-Being Stays and all-inclusive Wellness Getaways gently led by wellness experts with decades of experience. Honor’s Haven’s welcoming and inclusive experiences include yoga, qigong, hiking, ziplining, and new outdoor adventures. Take time for yourself in the spa, fitness center, and indoor and outdoor pools. Or bask in harmony with nature as you meditate in the Kiva Garden, walk the labyrinth garden, and explore the mountain trails on your own. A beautiful refuge in New York’s Hudson Valley region, Honor’s Haven is nestled amongst 260 acres of lush gardens and rolling hills, surrounding a freshwater lake at the foot of the Shawanunk Mountain Range.
THE 1850 HOUSE INN & TAVERN
Address: 435 Main St, Rosendale, NY 12472
Discount: Free beer or wine tasting
Description: With the comfort of an Inn and the hospitality of a pub, The 1850 House Inn & Tavern has lovingly preserved the Inn’s original old wood and brick in the nook-and-cranny filled floor plan. Inside the ten guest rooms- which includes a two bedroom suite- await fine custom linens, large flat screens, WiFi and beverage coolers with views of the Rondout River and Main Street Rosendale. Located just 90 miles from New York City, the Inn is readily accessible by car, train or bus and is at the center of Ulster County’s historic places, arts, music, dance and easy access to hiking, biking, kayaking, and more.
THE BROADHEAD HOUSE
Address: 971 County Route 6, High Falls, NY 12440
Discount: $100 off 4-night midweek stays. (July and August excluded).
Description: Built during George Washington’s administration, this spacious, beautiful, and historic stone farmhouse on 15 acres has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths and sleeps 8. Built in 1796 it sits adjacent to the Preserve enabling visitors to explore the Preserve by stepping out the front door. Completely remodeled in 2013, there is a large chef’s kitchen and adjacent dining area and living room with a massive stone fireplace. All bedrooms have pillow top mattresses and down comforters. The stone back deck has a BBQ and dining table and is a great place for viewing the local wildlife with your morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine.
THE HOTEL DYLAN
Address: 320 Maverick Road, Woodstock, NY 12498
Discount: 10% off any stay (individual or couple) with Mohonk Preserve membership card
Description: Hotel Dylan is the ideal setting for those seeking to unwind and explore the unparalleled majestic offerings of the Hudson Valley. Beautifully nestled at the base of Overlook Mountain, Woodstock is an active artists’ colony and the ultimate year-round family destination. Newly renovated rooms at Hotel Dylan offer true bohemian sophistication. The talented husband-and-wife team, The Novogratz, paid meticulous attention to every detail, presenting an ambiance that parallels the easy, laid-back character of Woodstock and the locals who call it home. Each room is named after one of the rock n’ roll greats associated with the Woodstock Nation, and iconic artwork by Elliott Landy and Michael De Feo grace the walls.
- Clove Cottages, 200 Rock Hill Road, High Falls, NY 12440
- Danskammer House B&B, 5 West St., PO Box 553, Marlboro, NY 12542
- ElmRock Inn, 4496 Route 209, Stone Ridge, NY 12484
- Home Sweet Hudson, Rosendale, NY 12472
- Hasbrouck House, 2805 Main St., Stone Ridge, NY 12484
- High Falls Vacation Rentals High Falls, NY
- Hotel Dylan, 320 Maverick Rd., Woodstock, NY 12498
- Hotel Kinsley, 55 John St., Kingston, NY 12401
- Inn at the Ridge, 2098 Bruynswick Rd, Wallkill, NY 12589
- Mahali Petu Guest House 113 Mohonk Rd., High Falls, NY 12440
- Minnewaska Lodge, 3116 Route 44/55, Gardiner, NY 12525
- Mohonk Mountain House, Lake Mohonk, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Moondance Ridge Bed & Breakfast, 55 Shivertown Road, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Mountain Meadows Bed and Breakfast, 542 Albany Post Rd, New Paltz, NY 12561
- One Clovewood High Falls, NY
- The Barn @ Green Acres Accord, NY
- The Greenhouses 2187 Bruynswick Road, Wallkill, NY 12589
- The Inn at Kettleboro, 43 Old Route 28, New Paltz, NY 12561
- The Sheeley House Bed and Breakfast, 6 Fairview Ave., High Falls, NY 12440
- The Undercliff, 978-980 Keator Ave, Rosendale, NY 12472
- Watergrasshill Bed & Breakfast 105 Phillies Bridge Road, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Lagusta’s Luscious, 25 North Front Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Rabble Rise Doughnuts 138 Main St, New Paltz NY 12561
PHILLIES BRIDGE FARM PROJECT
Address: 45 Phillies Bridge Rd., New Paltz, NY 12561
Phone: (845) 256 – 9108
Discount: Mohonk Preserve members receive one $25 adult workshop free of charge. To redeem, please choose “check” as payment method when registering online here and email a photo of your current membership card to email@example.com.
Description: Phillies Bridge Farm Project is a not-for-profit working farm with a mission to promote local sustainable agriculture which offers CSA shares of organically grown vegetables and herbs, farm demonstrations, educational programs, apprenticeship and research opportunities. Come learn and grow with us!
HIGH FALLS CAFE
Address: 12 Stone Dock Rd. High Falls, NY 12440
Discount: 10% off food purchases, may not be combined with other promotions, 1 per table.
Description: At High Falls Cafe offers an excellent dining experience using as much locally sourced produce and fresh ingredients as possible. Enjoy a great night of food, live music and drink. The full service bar has 10 beers on tap, including local and seasonal favorites as well as a delicious selection of wines including, cocktails, martinis with house made seasonal favorites. Let us entertain you with trivia night, wireless internet and a pool table!
- Garvan’s Gastropub Restaurant, 215 Huguenot St., New Paltz, NY 12561
- Karma Road Vegetarian Deli, 11 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Main Street Bistro, 59 Main St, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Mountain Brauhaus Restaurant 3123 Route 44/55, Gardiner, NY 12525
- P&G’s Restaurant, 91 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Rino’s Pizza, 246 Main St. Suite 6, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Skratch Labs
- The Hoot Owl, 26 Awosting Rd., Pine Bush, NY 12566
Wine and Spirits
STONE RIDGE WINE & SPIRITS
Address: PO Box 809, Stone Ridge, NY 12484
Discount: 10% on any wine purchase 5% liquor 20% case of wine. May not be combined with any other offers.
Description: Hudson Valley purveyor of fine wines and spirits from a knowledgeable and friendly and featuring a full range of locally made products. Owner Tim Sweeney specializes in finding small, esoteric, high quality wine producers from all ends of the world. With a selection of almost 1,000 wines there is something in the varietal and price range to meet everyone’s needs!
WHITECLIFF VINEYARD & WINERY
Address: 331 McKinstry Road, Gardiner, NY 12525
Discount: 2 $10 tastings for the price of 1 (first visit only) and a 10% discount on purchases.
Description: Come see what’s going on in one of the biggest vineyards in the Hudson Valley. Visit the friendly Tasting Room to enjoy the beauties and inspiration of wine country close to home. Taste their award winning wines that are food-friendly, and good value, in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Angry Orchard 2241 Albany Post Rd., Walden, NY 12586
- Arrowood Farm Brewery 236 Lower Whitfield Rd., Accord, NY 12404
- Westwind Orchard 215 Lower Whitfield Rd, Accord, NY 12404
- Rough Draft Bar and Books 82 John St., Kingston, NY 12401
ROCK AND SNOW
Address: 44 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
Discount: 2021 Member Appreciation Sale Date TBA
Description: For over 40 years, Rock & Snow has been home to the newest and most innovative gear and clothing related to climbing and outdoor recreation. A portion of our sales goes to support local preservation efforts, so in addition to offering the best gear and advice around, we’re helping to keep our environment happy & healthy for future climbers.
THRUWAY SPORTING GOODS
Address: 78 Oak St., Walden, NY 12586
Discount: 10% off your entire purchase (excludes firearms, ammunitions and sale items)
Description: Outdoor adventures start at Thruway Sporting Goods. Family owned for over 65 years and located in the heart of the Hudson Valley, Thruway Sporting Goods carries a wide variety of outdoor equipment and gear. They are a full line outfitter with all your camping, fishing, fly fishing, hiking, paddling, hunting and team sports needs. They carry trusted gear from top brands like Patagonia, Filson, Kuhl, Columbia, Outdoor Research and Marmot. Let their friendly, knowledgeable staff get you ready for your next adventure.
- Extreme Terrain Off-Road Outfitters
- Hypoxico, 12 2nd St. #102, Gardiner, NY 12525
- Skydive The Ranch, 1558 Old Ford Rd, New Paltz, NY 12561
Address: PO Box 58, Rosendale, NY 12472
Discount: 10% Weekday discount 10/1 – 12/1. Holidays not included, may not be combined with any other discount offers.
Description: Experienced guides are state licensed, skilled in wilderness medicine, and trained and certified by the American Mountain Guides Association. Professional climbing instruction and guiding to climbers of all ability levels for rock climbing, ice climbing, alpine climbing and mountaineering.
Address: 4 Jennifer Ct. New Paltz, NY 12561
Discount: 5% discount to any 3 or more person groups in March, April, Nov. or Dec. Mention code “Mohonk Supporter”
Description: Silas Rossi, owner of Alpine Logic LLC, is an internationally licensed IFMGA mountain guide and teaches professional guide training courses for the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA). Regardless of your age, fitness, or experience, Silas caters each day on the rock to meet your specific goals and abilities for custom experience designed for you. Guided adventures can include rock climbing, ice and mixed climbing, alpine climbing and ski mountaineering in New York, New England, Nevada, Alaska, Canada and Europe. Experienced guides are state licensed, skilled in wilderness medicine, and trained and certified by the American Mountain Guides Association. Professional climbing instruction and guiding to climbers of all ability levels for rock climbing, ice climbing, alpine climbing and mountaineering.
EASTERN MOUNTAIN SPORTS
Address: 3124 Rt 44/55, Gardiner, NY 12525
Discount: 10% discount on any scheduled group class
Description: The Eastern Mountain Sports Climbing School is the oldest climbing school in the East, and has been offering technical rock climbing instruction outdoors since 1968. The School is fully accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) and all of its climbing instructors are AMGA-Certified as Single Pitch Instructors, or higher. EMS Climbing Guides have technical knowledge and experience to deliver the most up-to-date instruction, but they never forget that your satisfaction and enjoyment come first. As much as they love repeat customers, their true measure of success is when they encounter former students enjoying the crags on their own.
MOUNTAIN SKILLS CLIMBING GUIDES
Address: PO Box 991, New Paltz, NY 12561
Discount: $10 off a day of guided climbing/mountain skills climbing guides. $15 off per climber if you are a Mohonk Preserve member with PLUS+ membership.
Description: Inspire and challenge climbers of all levels while fostering an awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Rock and ice climb with highly experienced New York State licensed guides who have climbed extensively both in North America and at some of the finest crags around the world. Perfect for first-time climbers and experienced individuals.
RAGGED MOUNTAIN GUIDES
Discount: 10% off on weekday Gunks rock climbing from April 1 to July 1 and Nov 1-Dec1. Holidays not included, cannot combine with other discounts.
Description: Climb with a highly experienced independent guide who is state licensed, skilled in wilderness medicine, and trained and certified by the American Mountain Guides Association. Professional climbing instruction and guiding to climbers of all ages and ability levels for rock climbing, ice climbing, alpine mountaineering.
- Advanced Rockcraft Shawangunks, NY
- BaseCamp Gardiner, NY
- High Xposure Adventures, 8 Nichols Rd., Armonk, NY
- Rise Outside firstname.lastname@example.org
Gyms and Yoga
- Aspire, 125 Mercer Ave, Hartsdale, NY 10530
- Hypoxico, 12 2nd St. #102, Gardiner, NY 12525
- Stone Wave Yoga, 2694 U.S. 44, Gardiner, NY 12525
- The Gravity Vault Indoor Rock Gyms – Poughkeepsie, NY and Upper Saddle River, NJ
Outdoor Clubs / Races
- Fulton Accurate Timing
- Nassau Community College Outing Club, 1 Education Drive, Garden City, NY 11530
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Nutshell Realty, 1209 State Route 213, PO Box 452, High Falls, NY 12440
- Carol Garfinkel, Associate Real Estate Broker, Keller Williams Realty Hudson Valley North,15 Taylor St., Kingston, NY 12401
- Gatehouse Compass Real Estate, 490 Main St., Beacon, NY 12508
- Alfandre Architecture, PC 231 Main St., New Paltz, NY 12561
- Barra & Trumbore Stone Fabricators, 40 Old Mine Rd., Kerhonkson, NY 12446
- Beek’s Auto Services 3128 Route 44/55, Gardiner, NY 12525 845-255-7376
- Beyond Wealth Management, Kerhonkson, NY 845-750-6213
- Bruderhof 2032 Route 213, Rifton, NY 12471
- Chili Gas Inc., 90 Castle Rd., Rock Tavern, NY 12575
- Construction Tool Warehouse, 1 Tomsons Rd. #110, Saugerties, NY
- Gunks Apps 3 Tina Drive, Gardiner, NY 12525
- Integral Building + Design, PO Box 96, New Paltz, NY 12561
- J.T.S. Design, Inc., PO Box 24, 65 Ulster Ave. Ulster Park, NY 12487
- Kellar Kellar & Jaiven, attorneys at law (845) 331-8900, PO Box 3536, Kingston, NY 12402
- Marshall & Sterling Enterprises, Inc. 110 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Max Building Group, 61 Vista Dr., New Paltz, NY 12561
- Pages Printing & Graphics 3142 Route 44/55, Gardiner, NY 12525
- Poly Prep Country Day School, 9216 Seventh Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11228
- Ray America 2050 Central Rd., Fort Lee, NJ 07024
- Tom Fucito, CPA, P.C. PO Box 897, Cairo, NY 12413
- Ulster Savings, 226 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
- Utility Canvas, 60 Low Rd., Wallkill, NY 12589
- Wyatt Contracting
Address: an e-commerce store
Discount: 15% discount to members using code PEREGRINE 15
Description: A boutique for peeps into birds and nature
Inquiring Minds Bookstore 6 Church St., New Paltz, NY
Rough Draft Bar and Books 82 John St., Kingston, NY 12401
HANNAH CARUSO ACUPUNCTURE
Address: 243 Main St. #240, New Paltz, NY 12561
Discount: 25% off your initial visit and treatment
Description: Hannah Caruso is a licensed acupuncturist in the state of NY with a Master’s Degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine. She specializes in Orthopedics & Sports Injuries, Pediatrics, and Women’s Health. Her goal is to help you understand how Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine can help you live your life more fully, healthfully and pain-free.
- Brigadier Concepts Inc. Medicare Insurance, Marlboro, NY
- Dr. Lisa Fields-Jacobson, Chiropractor and Nutritionist, New Paltz, NY (845) 256-2220
- FirstCare Walk-In Medical Center, Highland, NY
- New Paltz Community Acupuncture, 21 S Chestnut St., New Paltz, NY 12561
- Serene Vista Spa and B&B, Wallkill, NY
- Smiles of the Hudson Valley, Highland, NY
Touring the Region
- Chamber of Commerce of Ulster County
- Gardiner Association of Business
- Hudson Valley Tourism
- I Love NY Tourism
- New Paltz Chamber of Commerce
- Rondout Valley Business Association
- Shawangunk Mountains Region Scenic Byway
- Town of Gardiner
- Town of Marbletown
- Town of Rochester
- Town of Rosendale
- Town of New Paltz
- Ulster County Tourism
Banner photo by June Archer