Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking an experienced Information Technology professional to fill the position of:
Information Technology Manager
Mohonk Preserve, located in Ulster County, NY is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. The Preserve manages 8,000 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains through four integrated programs – Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation planning. We have an annual budget of $4.4 million, 32 year-round staff, over 350 volunteers, and a diverse support base of over 20,000 members.
Our Information Technology (IT) infrastructure extends to five office sites as well remote trailheads and work-from-home remote connections. The position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the organization’s IT program. This role requires technical skills, sound reasoning, strong initiative, sharp budgeting skills, creativity, and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical staff and board. We are seeking a problem solver who can foster and maintain excellent working relationships with coworkers, collaborators, and vendors. This position is full-time, year-round, and initially reports to the President & CEO.
- Managing all aspects of network administration including, but not limited to, network system design and maintenance, setting protocols and permissions, managing user accounts, ensuring timely and accurate back-up of applicable data, performing server, desktop and peripheral equipment maintenance as required, and maintaining secure Internet connections.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems and affecting timely solutions/repairs as required. – Assisting staff in the on-going effort to identify appropriate technology solutions to programmatic needs and desires within the confines of available resources and the Preserve’s mission.
- Providing on-going cyber security training and guidance for staff and monitoring all endpoints for malware intrusions.
- Supporting electronic exhibits including performing periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Performing related administration and budgeting duties, attending meetings as requested, and fundraising events.
- Demonstrating honesty, responsibility, integrity, confidentiality and fulfillment of commitments.
The successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory or similar environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing desktops, servers, printers and various network hardware.
- Experience with router, switch, and wireless access point configuration.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, network administration and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft cloud, Office 365 and related apps, including SharePoint site administration.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold relevant certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and/or have experience with Salesforce.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with key organizational stakeholders, including senior executives/board members.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to pass background check and clean driver’s license required.
- Willingness to work occasional irregular hours, including some weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
- Physical demands include: ability to lift 30-50 pounds; work in tight spaces; stooping and crouching; occasionally climbing ladders; reaching overhead.
Salary: Low $60’s/year; full benefits package
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission.
COVID-19 Considerations: The health and safety of our employees and their families are of the utmost importance. We are adhering to CDC, State and local guidelines with regard to COVID-19. In the office we have a flexible schedule and offer remote work at this time. All employees are expected to adhere to required Mohonk Preserve COVID protocols.
Mohonk Preserve is a smoke-free campus.
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.