Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking a dependable team member to fill the position of:
Accounting & Human Resources (HR) Assistant (Full-time)
About the Position:
We are seeking a business professional to perform daily accounting and HR tasks that will support our business office team. Ultimately, you will help our Business Office run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions. If you have an Accounting or Finance degree or equivalent combination of education and experience or 2-years related work experience in a bookkeeping position, we’d like to meet you.
Reporting to our Accounting, HR & Business Manager, our Accounting & HR Assistant is responsible for performing all duties necessary to support the Business Office with accounting, payroll and benefit data entry, HR systems and procedures and special projects.
Full time (40 hours per week), Regular, Non-exempt
High $40s per year, full benefits and Preserve membership for the duration of the position
- Processes entries for the Financial Edge software. Maintains various accounting records
- Inputs accounts payable with required approvals and vendor detail, including 1099 qualifications
- Reconciles and processes daily gate revenue, forms and prepares bank deposits daily
- Distributes to the Development Office the required data to process memberships, day fees, contributions and other revenue
- Compiles and ensures completeness of bi-weekly payroll time sheets; generates required journal entries based on reports
- Supports benefit enrollment, new hire paperwork and checklists, and other human resource procedures as required
- Supports HR processes and access to online resources for staff
- Supports office equipment maintenance in coordination with Information Technology (IT) Manager.
- Purchases office and other supplies as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
At Mohonk Preserve, our priority is finding the best candidate for the job. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications or have a less traditional background.
- Degree or academic experience in Accounting or Finance preferred, or a minimum of 2-years related work experience in a bookkeeping position
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office 365 applications, remote work platforms (e.g., Teams, Zoom)
- Experience working with Word and Excel required
- Knowledge and experience using accounting software required
- Experience with/knowledge of personnel benefits forms and filing, and other aspects of human resource management
- Experience with Human Resource systems and processes
- Good research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, typing skills and attention to detail
- Trustworthy, honest, and fastidious with confidential information
- Oral & written communication skills with ability to communicate with various audiences
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and to work with consultants, auditors, vendors, business partners, outside contractors if/as needed
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Willing to work some irregular hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Ability to work remotely when necessary
- Have a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice to ensure that all people are respected and welcomed at the Mohonk Preserve. This includes participating in ongoing education and other work the organization undertakes to develop and incorporate these principles
- Driver’s license and background check required
- Bonus skills:
- Nonprofit knowledge
- Experience with internal payroll processes through external payroll services
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Square point of sale
Mohonk Preserve’s main offices are located at our Visitor Center in Gardiner, NY. Mohonk Preserve offers hybrid work schedules at this time – coordinated with their supervisor and depending on the job, staff may be able to split time working remotely, as well as in the office and in-person on the land. Generally standard working hours, with some flexibility, to be coordinated with supervisor.
- Health, Life, Disability Insurance
- Dental & Vision Plans
- 403B Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Annuity available upon hire
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Paid Vacation and 12 ½ paid Holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Personal Days (3 days)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flex Time
- Access to lands and activities of Mohonk Mountain House resort
Eligibility for certain benefits is dependent upon a variety of factors including employment status.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is of the utmost importance. Mohonk Preserve requires all staff either to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or, if they cannot provide such proof for any reason, to wear a mask while working indoors, including in all Preserve facilities and while working outdoors in situations where they cannot maintain social distancing. Regular testing may be required for the unvaccinated. All employees are expected to adhere to required Mohonk Preserve COVID protocols.
Mohonk Preserve is a smoke-free campus.
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently uses a computer keyboard, reads, writes
- May require standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting
- Occasional events indoors or outdoors outside standard office hours and in other locations around the Preserve
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (include phone and email) by September 16, 2022 to: email@example.com
Please include Accounting & HR Asst. in the subject line of your email.
Anticipated start date of this position is early November 2022.
No phone calls please
More information about Mohonk Preserve can be found at https://www.mohonkpreserve.org/
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.