Interested in the environment and gaining work skills and community service credit? Work with your friends!
The Youth Nature Ambassador program is a volunteer opportunity for teens, ages 13 and up, to gain work skills and community service credit, building skills and knowledge in education and environmental science as well as customer service and public speaking.
Youth Nature Ambassadors will train to:
•Interact with the public;
• share information about the Preserve and answer questions;
• facilitate family interactions with exhibits, kits, and hand-on activities;
• option to assist with summer camp for children ages 4-10.
ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS DUE BY APRIL 12, 2019
• Letter of interest – describing why you want to participate
• Letter of recommendation from a non-family member
• Commit to 2 weekday evening trainings: April 18 and May 23, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
• Commit to volunteering for at least two 4-hour weekend shifts, to be scheduled with Preserve staff
• Youth Ambassadors will be eligible to assist with a five-day session of summer camps for children ages 4-10.
Registration for 2019 is now open! Click here to register
photos: Banner by Karen Maloy Brady; Youth Nature Ambassador Kazu Shimada by Susan Lehrer; Youth Nature Ambassador Orientation by Karen Maloy Brady.