COVID-19 VISITATION PROTOCOLS
In accordance with state and CDC guidelines and to ensure the health and safety of members, visitors and staff, Mohonk Preserve has instituted several important protocols for visitation, including:
- Please recreate close to home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wear face coverings upon entry.
- Visitors are required to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others.
- No congregating or large groups.
- Offering touchless transactions with credit or debit cards.
- The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends.
- Other trailheads will be open daily from 7 a.m. to sunset for members and from 9 a.m. to sunset for day-use visitors.
LAND USE RULES
In grateful recognition of Mohonk Preserve members’ support, the Preserve offers Member Mornings – featuring members-only parking at the West Trapps, Coxing, Spring Farm and Testimonial Gateway Trailheads from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
We have implemented the following operational changes to help mitigate the community spread of COVID-19 and protect our staff, members and visitors:
- All programs and events are being reevaluated and many are being moved to a virtual format.
- For more information about Rock The Ridge, click here. For more information about the Pfalz Point Trail Challenge, click here.
- We will be providing updated public information on this page regarding any changes.
Thank your for your continued support of our mission. All of us at Mohonk Preserve are so grateful to our visitors, members, volunteers, supporters, and local community. We truly are all in this together.
Following please find links to resources for information about COVID-19:
on 70 miles of carriage roads and trails.
on our historic carriage roads.
on the world-famous Gunks cliffs.
from our Spring Farm Trailhead.
through forests, fields, and mountains.
on groomed and natural terrain.
Photos: Banner photo by Cornelia DeDona; Hike by Jane Vecchione; Bike by Renee Zernitsky; Climb by Tom Weiner; Horseback Ride by Renee Zernitsky; Run by Tom Weiner; Ski/Snowshoe by Tom Weiner