COVID-19 VISITATION PROTOCOLS
In accordance with state and CDC guidelines and to ensure the health and safety of members, visitors and staff, Mohonk Preserve has instituted several important protocols for visitation, including:
- Please recreate close to home to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to wear face coverings upon entry.
- Visitors are required to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others.
- No congregating or large groups.
- Offering touchless transactions with credit or debit cards.
- The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekends.
- Other trailheads will be open daily from 7 a.m. to sunset for members and from 9 a.m. to sunset for day-use visitors.
Activities Permitted at Spring Farm: Walking, Hiking, Rock Scrambling, Cycling and Horseback Riding
Spring Farm is one of the Preserve’s smaller parking lots and fills VERY early on peak weekends. On summer and fall weekends, arrive early and consider carpooling to ensure a parking space.
To access the Spring Farm Trailhead at 50 Upper 27 Knolls Road in High Falls, NY, take the New Paltz exit 18 off of the NYS Thruway. Go west on Route 299 (through New Paltz), go over steel bridge and turn right onto Springtown Road. Make a left onto Mountain Rest Road. Pass the entrance to the Mohonk Mountain House and go under the one-lane bridge. (Horse trailers, note: clearance is only 11 feet. See alternate route below.) Continue on 1 mile, and turn right on Upper 27 Knolls Road. Within ¼ mile, you’ll reach the kiosk for the Spring Farm Trailhead. This is the trailhead for Bonticou Crag as well as the Table Rocks Trail.
Enjoy the "Million Dollar View" of the Catskills – just a short walk from the Spring Farm parking area. Reminders of its earlier agricultural roots, the open fields and broad views at Spring Farm give way to quiet, forested paths.
During the busy fall season, visitors may wish to consider alternate travel routes. For a list of options, click here.
Photo: The Million Dollar View by Michael Dimen