As part of Mohonk Preserve's commitment to sustainability, we have taken the Athletes for a Fit Planet Pledge of Sustainability and implemented the following sustainability practices for Rock The Ridge:
- Paper waste reduction
- 100% online registration
- 80% non-paper communication
- Use of recycled paper
- 80% signage reuse
- Recyclable signage
- Recycling bins
- No single-use bottles
- Environmental education
- Promote participant environmental awareness
- Composting for pre/post-event meals
- Donate unused food
- Reduce water waste
- Encourage public and/or rideshare transportation
- Dedicated environmental practices volunteers.
How you can help us be more sustainable:
- Reduce your carbon footprint on event day by taking public transportation or sharing a ride.
- Be sure to use recycling and composting bins
- Consider volunteering for a shift with our Green Team during the event.
- Use a reusable bottle on race day and refill it at our aid stations along the course.
Athletes for a Fit Planet provides sustainability services to races and athletic events of all sizes across North America.
Banner Photo by John Aylward