Due to the spread of the coronavirus, the run on April 18, 2020 has been changed to a Virtual Run.
Rock and Snow Bridge 2 Bridge Virtual Run | April 15 – 22, 2020
How It Works
- Select a day between April 15 – 22 and go for a 5-mile solo run. It could be a run in your neighborhood, on a school track or even on your home treadmill while watching your favorite movie!
- Registered participants will receive a virtual race bib by email as a reminder.
- Share the race bib on social media to let others know what you’re doing.
- Run! In your neighborhood, on a school track, or on your treadmill.
- Observe social distancing rules by staying 6 feet apart from others when outdoors.
- Visit your email confirmation page, register your time and upload a photo of your run.
- Join the new Bridge 2 Bridge Facebook page, upload a sweaty selfie or photo of something you saw during your run to the group and to your own page with the hashtags #MohonkPreserve #VirtualB2B
- Receive a finisher certificate and complimentary day-pass to visit Mohonk Preserve at a later time.
- Tell a friend! There’s still time to register and participate in the Virtual Bridge 2 Bridge Run.
- Have fun and feel good about supporting Mohonk Preserve!
The fun starts on April 15 – let’s get moving #alonetogether!
We’ll see you next year for the Rock and Snow Bridge 2 Bridge run you’re used to, with real race bibs, T-Shirts, and snacks!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How is this different from the run on April 18, 2020?
A. The event has been changed to a virtual “on your own” format where you run your own 5-mile course.
Q. When can I participate?
A. The window to participate is April 15 to April 22, 2020.
Q. Where can I run?
A. You can run in your neighborhood, on your treadmill, or anywhere that’s safe and away from crowds.
Q. Can I run the Bridge 2 Bridge course at Spring Farm?
A. No, not at this time. To ensure the safety of our staff and visitors, Mohonk Preserve is temporarily closed, but we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the trails as soon as it is safe to do so.
Q. Why has this event changed?
A. Due to the spread of the coronavirus, we are unable to host the event as planned on April 18th. We expect to hold the race again at the Preserve next year in 2021.
Q. How do I participate in the virtual event?
A. If you have previously registered, you will receive an email with a virtual race bib and instructions prior to April 15.
Q. Do I receive anything in return for my registration fee?
A. All finishers who complete the virtual run and record their time will receive a certificate of completion, a complimentary day pass to visit Mohonk Preserve at a later date, and the satisfaction of supporting the Preserve’s ongoing mission of saving the land for life.
Q. Will my race registration fees be carried over to 2021?
A. Because Bridge 2 Bridge is a fundraiser for Mohonk Preserve, 2020 registration fees will be applied to the upcoming virtual race. There will be a separate registration process for the 2021 event.
Q. I wish I could support Mohonk Preserve, but I really need a refund. Is this possible?
A. Yes. Just contact Tom Leader, 845-255-0919 ext. 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. How can I support Mohonk Preserve with an additional donation?
A. Thank you for your support of our mission! Click here to make a donation online.
Q. Is it too late to register?
A. No, it’s not too late – click here to register!
Banner Photo by Steven Aaron