Interested in the environment and gaining work skills and community service credit? Work with your friends!
The Youth Nature Ambassador program is a volunteer opportunity for teens, ages 13 and up, to gain work skills and community service credit, building skills and knowledge in education and environmental science as well as customer service and public speaking.
Youth Nature Ambassadors will train to:
Interact with the public:
- share information about the Preserve and answer questions;
- facilitate family interactions with exhibits, kits, and hand-on activities.
Option to assist with summer camp for children ages 4-10.
(Due by April 9, 2018 – send to Cathy Shiga-Gattullo, Education Coordinator for Interpretation)
- Letter of interest – describing why you want to participate
- Letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- Register online here. (Note: To upload your letter of interest and letter of recommendation please log back into your active.com account after registering).
- Commit to 2 weekday evening trainings: April 18 and May 16, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Commit to volunteering for at least two 4-hour weekend shifts, to be scheduled with Preserve staff
Youth Ambassadors will be eligible to assist with a five-day session of summer camps for children ages 4-10.