Where summer adventures begin!
Mohonk Preserve 2014 summer camps are now open for general registration. Scroll down for further information. Click here to register.
Mohonk Preserve summer programs provide opportunities for children ages 4-13 to spend their summer outside enjoying the natural wonders the Shawangunk Ridge has to offer. Under the careful supervision of our dedicated and professional educators, campers will laugh, play and learn together; explore interests and abilities; and expand their understanding of themselves, each other and the world to which they belong.
Our Young Explorers (ages 4-6) will experience a new adventure every day as they spend their mornings on the trails surrounding the Mohonk Preserve Visitor Center and enjoy weekly field outings to other locations on the Preserve. They will participate in a range of activities such as building debris shelters in the Children’s Forest, playing nature games, music and storytelling and creating their own nature art.
Campers in Camp Peregrine (ages 7-10) and Mountainside Adventures (ages 10-13) will have a blast whether exploring the crevices of Rock Rift, scrambling up the boulders of Bonticou Crag, investigating the life cycle of a tadpole at Duck Pond, or fashioning frogs and turtles out of clay.
Please note: The drop-off and pick-up points vary each day for Camp Peregrine and Mountainside Adventures. Depending upon theme and planned activities, we rove on Mohonk Preserve or Mohonk Mountain House land. Parent packets complete with map and daily locations are provided in advance. 9am drop-off and 3pm pick-up must be sharp each day.
2014 Online Registration
- EARLY registration (only for campers that joined us in 2013) began at 10am on Monday, February 24th
- GENERAL registration began at 10am on Wednesday, February 26th
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis
- Our programs fill quickly. Sibling or friend pairings cannot be guaranteed
- Enrollment is limited to one program/session per child for Camp Peregrine and Mountainside Adventures
- Campers may enroll in multiple Young Explorer sessions
- We seek a closely balanced gender ratio for all summer programs
- A $30 enrollment fee and full tuition are NON-REFUNDABLE and are REQUIRED at the time of registration
- Preserve members receive a discount on summer camp tuition! **You must be a member prior to registering your child to be eligible for the discount. There are many other benefits to becoming a Preserve member. Click here to find out more.
The Mohonk Preserve is committed to serving families regardless of their economic status. Scholarship applications were due February 1st. We are happy to announce that we were able to award 4 full and 3 partial scholarships for the 2014 season. Thank you to all families who applied.
Session 1: July 7-11
Session 2: July 14-18
Session 3: July 21-25
Session 1: July 7-18
Session 2: July 21-August 1
Session 3: August 4-15
Session 1: July 7-18
Session 2: August 4-15