ROCK THE RIDGE May 2, 2015
Congratulations on accepting the challenge to take on Rock The Ridge! This is a decision that you will remember with pride, and we're extremely excited to have you involved in this spectacular event.
Now for the nuts and bolts about how to take part.
The 2015 race will be held on May 2, 2015, and just as last year, is divided into three primary divisions:
- Team 50-Mile - Teams of two, three, or four persons cover the entire course together, this is the core division, the one that is the primary identity of Rock The Ridge. Team members will cross the finish line as a group, in the same fashion as the popular television program "The Amazing Race."
- Team Relay - Two- or four-member teams in which members will complete the course in relay fashion. Relay legs are not of equal distance, allowing teams to assemble runners of varying degrees of experience and ability.
- Individual 50-mile - Individuals complete the entire 50-mile course.
- now through November 30, 2014 for an early discount fee of $125
- between December 1, 2014 and March 14, 2015 for $150
- between March 15, 2015 and April 26, 2015 for $175
The registration fee is for each participant in all divisions. This fee covers all race amenities, including takeaways such as a participant t-shirt, a finisher's medal, and a post-race meal. It does not cover the charitable component of your entry. You may register in any of the above divisions, although you may only participate in one of the three. That is to say, you may not register in both a Team division and the Individiual division.
As a participant, your financial commitment is as follows:
- A registration fee of $125, $150, or $175 (see above) for each participant in all divisions. Registration fees are used to cover the cost of the event. Please understand that these fees are non-refundable.
- A minimum charitable fund-raising commitment of $250 for each participant, which you will guarantee with the same credit card you use to pay for the registration fee. When you tell friends, family, and co-workers that you’re taking on a 50-mile challenge and doing something to preserve our environment for future generations, they will proudly sponsor you. Donations are tax-deductible and go directly to the Mohonk Preserve, which is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. To the extent you raise less than $250, your credit card will be billed for the shortfall on April 27, 2015.
In order to allow the necessary time for validation and processing of all registered teams and individuals, the deadline for both registration and completion of your fundraising is 11:59 p.m. on April 26, 2015.
The registration cap for Rock The Ridge is 650 runners, which is an aggregrate total across all three divisions. Be sure to register early to secure your spot!
Participants in the New York Road Runners' Team for Kids program, please enter the code TFK2015 in the "Special Registration Code" box in the "Participant Info" section of the registration form.
Click here to REGISTER ONLINE TODAY.
Registration fees are non-refundable. Registered participants may withdraw from the event at any time prior to the event and this will cancel their minimum fundraising commitment, but they will not receive a refund of their registration fee.
Check out these other great Preserve running events: