Become a Champion of Mohonk Preserve!
Join the Mohonk Preserve members, volunteers and supporters who are safeguarding the unique wildlife, flora and fauna on this land which has been designated “one of Earth’s last great places”.With your help, we are monitoring climate change and educating future generations about the importance of conservation. Look at all of the great things we’ve been able to accomplish thanks you:
- 75 miles of carriage roads and foot trails maintained for visitors and members.
- 1,400 known species of wildlife, 57 that are rare, endangered or imperiled
- 8,500 acres of land protected and managed in and around the Shawangunk Ridge.
- 17,000 observations to monitor the impacts of climate change on ridge ecosystems.
- 13,100 children and adults provided with our award-winning outdoor programs.
- 200,000 visitors provided with a safe, participatory experience in nature.
Every day, rain or shine, in every season you are making a difference on the ridge. We hope you’ll join us as a Champion of New York’s largest nonprofit nature preserve!
Mohonk Preserve members enjoy many wonderful benefits including 365 days of access to Preserve trails and carriage roads, free or reduced admission to programs and events, a 10% discount in the Nature Shop, discounts at area business participating in our Member Rewards program, and admission and/or discounts at a select group of ANCA-affiliated nature centers.
Whether you can volunteer weekly, or for just a few hours, the only requirement is a desire to learn and a willingness to contribute your time and talents to the Preserve.
Join the nearly 400 volunteers who perform a wide variety of services and contribute over 13,000 hours of their energy and skills annually.
Help protect this place that you care about! Your gift is not just about protecting a great place to hike, bike and climb – it is about doing your part to protect the environment.
Photo: Join / Renew by Tom Weiner; Volunteer by Emily Hague; Donate by Karen Maloy Brady